Piping Soap Tutorial

Another fun challenge, and the best of all – we got to play with different type of piping techniques. I have done a lot of (cake) piping but I have never used Russian piping tips, so I decided to try them for this soap challenge. I chose to do roses with two different rose nozzels. I also used a smal leaf nozzel and a tiny calligraphy nozzel.  The idea was to make a «basket» and fill it with roses. I guess I got carryed away with the flowers, and leaf – well, I had to use all the soap in my pipingbags, or….?

I used a knitting needle to bend the rose petals so they wouldn’t all look the same.

This is my first attempt at soap piping and I must say I enjoyed «slow soaping» for a change.

I used my standard soap recipe and added some beeswax. Soaping at 38 degrees celcius to thick trace, then poured the soap in my pipingbag and put them to rest for aprox one hour. As recomended I didn’t use any fragrance in the flowers. The «basket» is scented with BB’s Black Amber And Lavender FO.

Olive oil 50%

Coconut oil 30%

Sheabutter 10%

Cocoabutter 10%

10 gr beeswax

superfat 5 %

 

 

My entry

image

 

image

 

image

 

image

 

image

 

image

 

 

Happy Soaping!

Yvonne

 

 

Reklamer

Dancing Funnel

It’s been a while since my last soap challenge so I’m really happy to participate this month, and most of all – this is a great technique witch I will be using in my future soapmaking – and of course, I will practise some more….

I took a chance and used my usual oil recipes for this soap, althoug it’s a bit heavy on the hard oils!  I was soaping at low temperature,  35 degrees Celsius, and hand stirring for aprox 30-35 minutes. With no experience with this metod of soapmaking, I took «the spoon test» to see if the oils/lye/water had reached the point of  emulsion. This was a bit out of my comfortzone, working without my stickblender, but I think this way of making soap is a really nice way to work – thumbs up & thanks for the opportunity in this challenge 👍🏼

I managed to keep a light trace during the whole prosess and the soap was wrapped and OP for an hour and then left «to sleep»over night. The FO is just beautiful and acted well during the whole prosess. As you can see the gold mica «got into» some of the browne parts – but, overall I’m happy with the result!

Here is my entry:

image

 

image

 

image

 

This is my first soap, all natural colored with Bamboo Charcoal/Indigo and a EO blend of citrus too keep the trace under control! My rehearsal soap was so pretty, but the next one… What happend with the Indigo, it turned out browne and then slightly green….?

 

image.jpeg

Happy Soaping

Yvonne

Orange blossom & no teardrop soap

This was supposed to be my entry for this month’s soap challenge, but I had problems uploading my pic so I didn’t participate….

Well, to be honest, I didn’t manage to get that teardrop soap I was hoping for so I guess it’s ok. Today I found out I was able to uploade a small picture, don’t know why…

The colors and fragrance, Orange Blossom, is beautiful together. Faux funnel pour on top of the soap.

 

image

 

Happy Soaping

 

Yvonne 😊

 

Rimmed Soap

Time and supplies was not on my side this month. As mentioned earlier, it’s a challenge in it self to get needed supplies for these soap challenges, in Norway. Yesterday, one day before submission close I finally found castor oil… !! I was working until 4 this morning and barely made it…..

This is my 3rd attempt, so I guess it all comes up to make it or break without the Castor oil…..

Amy & Tatsiana, thank you for pouring of you knowledge, again. The great value of know-how is priceless so I hope you can feel my appreciation .

Rim recipe:

25 % coconut oil

Les videre

Pink Snow & Frozen Roses Packaging day….

This is my latest entry in the soap challenge club. It didn’t reach the top, but I’m really happy how the soap turned out.

image

 

Thank you for visiting my blog and welcome back!

Yvonne